The secure, customized Community Notification Enrollment (CNE) page allows residents and businesses to add or update their contact information to ensure they will be included when a message is sent – unlisted numbers, mobile numbers, TDD/TTY requirements can all be entered.
Click Here to signup or make changes https://public.coderedweb.com/CNE/D89C01ECD89F
In the event of an evacuation follow arrows on signs posted around town.
If you are evacuating to a public shelter, bring the following with you:
- Blanket/Sleeping Bag/Pillow
- Lawn Chair/Lightweight Chaise Lounge
- Cash/Credit Card/Checkbook
- Expensive Jewelry
- Change of Clothing
- Family Documents/Photos
- Birth Certificates
- Insurance Policies
- Stock Certificates
- Medicine/Prescription Drugs
- Infant Formula/Foods
- Special Dietary Foods
For More Information Visit
Ocean County Department of Emergency Management
Public Shelter Locations
- Barnegat Brackman Middle School
- Jackson - Jackson Liberty High School
- Manahawkin - Southern Regional High School
- Toms River - Pine Belt Arena, High School North, 1245 Old Freehold Ave. Toms River
- Little Egg Harbor - Pinelands Regional Middle School, Nugentown Road, Little Egg Harbor
Oyster Creek Safety Information
ABOUT THE CERT PROGRAM
The C.E.R.T. Program has been in Ocean County since 2002 through the collaboration of the Emergency Management Offices of the State Police, County Sheriff’s Office and Municipalities. The County O.E.M. in partnership with several local municipal O.E.M.s have trained over 700 residents. The basic CERT class is a 20 hour course that includes; Disaster Preparedness, Medical Operations, and Fire Safety.
C.E.R.T. Teams have assisted the County and Municipalities during emergent events, scheduled events and exercises throughout the County. The teams have also taken different ongoing in-service training courses to further their knowledge and skills in preparedness for response.
ABOUT CERT TRAINING
If you join a CERT, you will receive basic-level training in the following areas:
- Basic First Aid
- Family Disaster Preparedness
- Disaster Fire Suppression
- Medical Operations
- CERT Operations
- Disaster Mental Health
- Basic Emergency Management
- Disaster Simulation -- Skills Review
Total training is usually about 18 hours, scheduled in 2-4 hour modules, over a period of weeks or months, in order to address the scheduling needs of team members. It's held in the community where you live.
Thanks to Ocean County Department of Emergency Management For the information provided on this page!